I stole this from my friend Romina’s Facebook note. Bolded are ones that I particularly relate to.
- -Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you’re going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you’re crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.
- -Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn’t work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ’s. We just figured it out. Today’s kids are soft.
- -Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the f was going on when I first saw it.
- -I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I’ll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone’s laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I’m still the only one who really, really gets it. (I felt this way with Ghostbusters 2 recently).
- -I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
- - Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantron test is absolutely petrifying.
- - I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the shower first and THEN turn on the water.
- -Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I’m from, this shouldn’t be a problem….
- -You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you’ve made up your mind that you just aren’t doing anything productive for the rest of the day.
- -Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don’t want to have to restart my collection.
- -There’s no worse feeling than that millisecond you’re sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
- -It really pisses me off when I want to read a story on CNN.com and the link takes me to a video instead of text.
- -I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
When I started to read the list, I was determined not to reblog. But I actually thought some of these were pretty funny, and related to the ones above. Click through one of the people I reblogged this from for the full list.
the other day when two of my friends started talking about their bouts of mastitis. I think what set me off was the, “I squeezed and it looked like a noodle came out!”
all I want to do is watch reruns of Criminal Minds until I have seen every one. Whilst unemployed, I don’t let myself watch any TV during the day, so I’ve gone a little crazy knowing there are 5 episodes on my DVR. I have gone for a walk, looked for jobs online, and cleaned up my bedroom. Doesn’t that earn me one episode?
I just read something about Venezuela and…
What the hell?
Yep, at first I thought you spelled it wrong.