More and more music is being released in high resolution formats and one of the most exciting so far is this collection of rare and unreleased George Harrison recordings. The tracks were curated by Giles Martin (son of George Martin, Beatles producer) and Olivia Harrison, who shared the task of listening through hours and hours of lost recordings. It’s an intimate and thoroughly enjoyable look into Harrison’s songwriting in the immediate post-Beatles period.
George Harrison - Early Takes Vol. 1 in 96khz/24-bit (available on HDtracks)
- My Sweet Lord (Demo)
- Run Of The Mill (Demo)
- I’d Have You Any Time (Early Take)
- Mama You’ve Been On My Mind (Demo)
- Let It Be Me (Demo)
- Woman Don’t You Cry For Me (Early Take)
- Awaiting On You All (Early Take)
- Behind That Locked Door (Demo)
- All Things Must Pass (Demo)
- The Light That Has Lighted The World (Demo)
Before I clicked to make the image larger I thought someone had photoshopped David Karp submerged in water.